Sunday, March 8, 2015

Jambalaya


 Have you tried to make Jambayla? I'm not talking about the zatarian's box mix either. If you have not its a must recipe to bring to your family's table! This is the recipe that has become my go to recipe to take new moms. I just wanted to find something different and delicious that people will remember. I realized after I took my friend the meal last week and she was requesting the recipe and I didn't have it. The reason being, I was using two different recipes and modifying it so much that I was having a hard time texting her the recipe. Finally I told her to check out my blog this week and I will be sure to feature it. So here I am; I finally wrote it all out so you can have it on hand. Remember you can add or modify how you wish, usually for new moms I do the less spicy version & not put as much hot sauce. That is what cooking is all about having fun and trying new things and sharing your favorite recipes for others to enjoy! Have you taken a meal to someone lately or invited others over to share a meal on your table?

Weekly Dinner Plans

Monday – Jambalaya & Corn Bread & Honey    

Tuesday – Burgers on the Grill & Cucumber Salad

Wednesday – Fettuccini Alfredo & Broccoli   

Thursday – Left Overs

Friday – Homemade Mac & Cheese   

Saturday – EAT OUT!!!

Sunday – Philly Sandwhich & French Onion Soup

Grocery List

Check your List before you go to the store, you may already have some of these items!!!

·        2 lb Ground Beef

·        Polish Sausage

·        Chicken Breast or Tyson Frozen Chicken Breasts Diced up

·        Cucumber

·        Onion

·        Tomato

·        2 bags Frozen Fajita peppers (Red pepper, onion, green and yellow pepper bag)

·        Pepper Jacks Philly Meat

·        Frozen bag of oriental veggies

·        Frozen bag of broccoli

·        Alfredo Sauce

·        Alfredo Noodles

·        Favorite Pasta noodles for Mac and Cheese (I used Cavatini)

·        2 Boxes of Jiffy Corn bread Mix & Honey

·        Jar of Sun Dried Tomato’s

·        Box of Rice

·        Chinese Package of seasoning (stir fry)

·        Large Can of Diced Tomato

·        Can of Chicken stock or Bouillon cubes

·        Small can of tomato juice

·        Vinegar

·        Ranch

·        Velveeta Cheese

·        Shredded cheddar Cheese

·        ½ lb Smoked Gouda sliced deli Cheese

·        Hamburger Buns

·        Hoagie Buns


RECIPES

Monday – Jambalaya & Corn Bread   

            One Bag of Frozen Fajita Veggies (red pepper, onion, yellow & green peppers)

            Ring of Polish Sausage

            Large can of diced tomatoes

            1 Cup Rice

            1 garlic clove

            ½ tomato juice

            2 cups chicken stock

1/2 tsp (or more!) of hot sauce

1 tsp paprika

1 tsp black pepper

1 tsp oregano

½ tsp onion powder

½ tsp dried thyme

¼ tsp garlic salt

1 bay leaf
           

Throw your bag of the frozen fajita veggies in the skillet with a little oil. 5-7 minutes or so. Preheat over for jiffy corn bread. While that is cooking cut up the polish sausage into small pieces, toss the meat into the skillet with the veggies by this time they should be soft. Open your can of diced tomatoes throw in un-drained. Add one garlic clove. (I use a garlic press).  Then add your seasonings & rice and cover and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes. While this is simmering mix up your jiffy and put into muffin tins and bake! (set out your frozen hamburger for tomorrows meal.)

 Tuesday – Burgers on the Grill & Cucumber Salad   

Tuesday is supposed to be really nice! Get your grill on! Make your patties. Grill the burgers. Use some of the smoked gouda cheese to top! For the cucumber Salad, just cut up the cucumber, Slice up a little onion, tomato. ½ cup or so of vinegar, T. of sugar, and ½ or so of ranch. Refrigerate until dinner is ready.


Wednesday – Fettuccini Alfredo & Broccoli

Honestly I cheat and buy the Tyson frozen chicken breast in strips. Its so easy you just throw it in the skillet to heat. Boil your water. Once water is boiling put your noodles & broccoli in at set the timer for how long they need to cook. Put your jar of alfredo sauce with the chicken along with some sun dried tomatoes. BAAM!

Thursday – Left Overs

Eat up some leftovers in the fridge!!

Friday – Homemade Mac & Cheese

Cavatini Noodles

Half Stick of Butter

2 cups milk

¼ C Flour

8 Oz Velveeta Cheese

4 Oz Shredded Cheese

Couple slices broken up of the gouda cheese

Boil your noodles. In sauce pan heat the butter on Low/Medium. Then add the flour while stirring with a wooden spoon until you get a thickened consistency. Then you can very slowly add the milk stir and add very slow this should take about 3 minutes you will start to see it thicken, keep stirring to reduce the clumps. Then add all your cheeses. Stir very frequently.

Saturday – EAT OUT

Sunday – Philly’s &  French Onion Soup

            Philly Meat

            Hoagie buns

            French onion soup

            Gouda Cheese

Heat up your philly meat on stove top as direct on package, once completed. Place hoagie buns on baking sheet, butter the bread, scoop meat on bun along with cheese. Heat oven to boil. Put in oven but watch closely shouldn’t take but a few minutes. As bread is heating, put your French onion soup in cups (I like to use little tea cups) with a little mozzarella cheese and microwave for a couple minutes. Cut your sandwiches and place French onion soup on plate. Garnish with pickles. Don’t forget to dip your sandwich in soup!! So yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment