So my family is learning these days to live with less. We sold our home, that was brand new when we moved in, we lived there for almost 8 years. We sold it very quickly and are living in a 1920's bungalow family rental with one bathroom, no dishwasher, no garage, I have to use keys to unlock my door, this will be home until we find our place. Its a temporary situation, but I have to say I'm enjoying the peace of small town living and simplicity. The things I thought and cried about not having are nothing to me anymore. For example; my new hobby is putting cloths on my cloths line. I love the smell of my sheets fresh off the line. The plant from my grandma who passed away in October now sits by the sink in the kitchen so when I want to stress about all the dishes to wash, I think of her. I think of her simple life and all the dishes she once washed for her 8 children. I look at my home we are living, with beautiful 1920's trim, windows that run the course of the house. Literally I've counted 26 windows that surround the main floor of the house. Its amazing the beauty of sunlight, and how that makes you feel when you open up the windows and wake up to the mornings light. Simplicity has caused us to look at life differently. I went through a house mourning time where I thought I would miss all the glories of "new" but what is new? Its just materials. Ultimately a home is where your people are. Its the time you spend with them in a place and space in time. I'm learning to enjoy the little things and let go of the things that didn't matter. I feel its given me a new appreciation for life and focus energy on the things that do. Not to say once we find our home, I might want a dishwasher, for now I am taking this time to live with less.
Menu:
Monday: Ham, Cheese, and Lettuce Wraps with fruit
Tuesday: Jambalaya with cornbread muffins
Wednesday: Enchilada's & Black Beans
Thursday: Pizza and Salad
Friday; Burgers & Potato
Saturday: EAT OUT
Sunday: Pork Chops on Grill with Asparagus
Grocery List:
2 lbs Ground Beef
Pork Chops
Deli Ham
Ring of Smoked Sausage (already cooked kind)
Package of Pepperoni
Mozzarella Cheese (Shredded)
Mexican Cheese (Shredded)
Head of Lettuce
Asparagus
Bag of Potato
Favorite Fruit of Choice
Soft Tortillas (Large Burrito size)
Hamburger Buns
Can of Enchilida Sauce (Old Elpaso)
Can of Pizza Sauce
Italian Dressing & Ranch Dressing
Box Spanish Rice
Corn Bread Jiffy Mix
2 packages of Pillbury pizza mix
Large Can of diced tomato
Corn (I use up my frozen farm sweet corn) Canned will work though
Can of Black beans
Bag of favorite Chips
This is super easy and a go to quick meal especially come the summer months when its hot and you don't want to turn on your oven. Put tortilla on plate, layer with Mozzarella Cheese, deli ham, lettuce, and dressing (ranch or italian "let the family member pick") heat in microwave for 30-1 minute depending on your microwave. Serve with fresh fruit!
Tuesday: Jambalaya with Corn Muffins
This is my favorite meal and I alter the recipe every time I make it. I made it less spicy and used Spanish box rice to be quick. Cut up your Ring of smoked sausage (remember this is already cooked). Throw in your skillet pan. Next put your large can of diced tomatoes in with sausage, add Spanish rice with the mix then I added drained corn to this as well, along with one cup of water. For seasoning: Add a couple chicken bouillon cubes; paprika, basil, salt, pepper, (if you want some spice: hot sauce & pepper flakes). While it simmers covered on medium or low about 20 - 30 minutes (you will know as the rice will be done.) Bake up your corn muffins; follow directions on the jiffy box. I like to put in the small muffin tin, just grease up with pan and bake for like 10-12 minutes (if you bake the mini's you will want to do less time). Top with honey, my kids love those mini corn muffins!!
NOTE: Before you go to bed put out your freeze hamburger, if you didn't buy it store bought. We have a quarter of beef so I always think about tomorrows meal so you don't have to defrost when you get home.
Wednesday: Enchilada's with Black beans
Brown hamburger, but save about 1-2 cups for your pizza tomorrow and put in fridge. Then honestly I just follow the recipe on the Old Elpaso can. Drain black beans, and heat in the microwave and put a little cheese on top!!
Thursday: Pizza with Salad
Follow the directions on the pillsbury dough mix. Roll on pizza pan. Add your sauce. Next grab your left over meat you cooked yesterday in fridge, layer on top of sauce, then add cheese and pepperonis. Bake as directed on pillsbury package!! Serve with side salad
Friday: Hamburgers on grill with potatoes
Make supper easy and grill some burgers on the grill. Have a couple beers. If you are tired just have some potato chips or dice some fresh potatoes with Parmesan cheese and butter on the grill in some foil.
Saturday: TAKE OUT!!! Or eat out at favorite restaurant. You deserve to take the night off.
Sunday: Pork Chops with Asparagus
Make supper easy again and grill some chops on the grill. Season them up, even with butter and salt and pepper. Put your asparagus in foil with olive oil and salt/pepper on the grill. Supper easy but Delicious meal!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment