Monday, October 24, 2016

Gratitude

Hey Friends -

Its been awhile since the last post, seems I always start my blog with those words. Life has been busy I guess I have the excuse I just had a baby!! I know, crazy, exciting, exhausting, wonderful, oh so wonderful!!! We had almost exactly two weeks ago, Taylee Milla Wilson, a little girl. Perfect as can be! We didn't know what we were having so having two boys at home, we were completely over joyed to be surprised with a little girl. Wow, all I can say is I still look at her in awe at what a blessing she is to us and how much love I truly have for this child and my boys. It can be so uplifting to look at them and feel so much gratitude. Have you ever just sat and thought about gratitude and you could literally feel it?

But what true love doesn't come with some sacrifice. Its hard to believe almost a year ago, we found out we were pregnant. We were due on our anniversary July 9th. We lost the baby in late November, life a year ago was a sad time for me. Having experienced a loss early in pregnancy is a very lonely beast. Its hard to express and I won't go there today that wasn't the reason I wanted to write. I don't choose to look at that time as darkness anymore but more as an enlightening experience. I wanted to write, because October is pregnancy infant loss awareness month. So many struggle with loss, and its hard to understand why God takes you down a path you never want to travel.


I wasn't going to write about infant loss with the birth of our new baby. But yesterday my mom offered the mass for our baby we lost, it was a surprise she did that as it was something I never thought to do especially now that a year had past. But it was a good reminder of remembrance,  gratitude and reflection about the road we had traveled. Have you ever experienced a tough time and looked around you and noticed different signs from heaven? The last year had given me countless works that lead me to believe everything was ok and in the place it was supposed to be. I believe its God showing us he is there. I understand now, the path God had in store for us and accepted it. As Taylee's very existence wouldn't be; have it not been for the loss. Its truly amazing to see how God works in our lives. Hope everyone finds gratitude in life's struggles and joys! I surely am counting my blessings these days!! As after the storm usually lies a beautiful rainbow of hope. Keep seeking to find and don't give up hope.

 

Meal Prep:

Last night I wanted to show my boys mom was still fun even with a baby latched 24/7 and healing up after a C-section. That they deserved moms attention too. I said, "I have a surprise" We cut up apples together, warmed up some caramel, and sat around a plate and shared caramel apple treats together!! It was fun and they were so excited to do that before bedtime!!



So today with gratitude on the mind, it isn't about meal plans, lists, schedules, etc. Obvious those have been far and in between here. Thankful for my mom, family and friends who have brought us meals so I didn't have to think about meal plans. So instead make a list and be grateful of your blessings and plan a fun family night. Date night. Plan a trip. Get away. Go to the park. Look at the beautiful fall trees.  Just appreciate life!!!! And BE GRATIFUL. Even through the struggles we have a lot to be thankful for.

1 comment:

  1. Gratitude IS definitely something that can be felt. Thanks for your beautiful heartfelt words and a reminder to appreciate and be grateful for all the blessings.

    ReplyDelete